Skip to content

Safety Certificate FAQS

1. What’s​ ​the​ ​difference​ ​between​ ​a​ ​Safety​ ​Certificate ​and​ ​a​ ​Roadworthy Certificate?

Nothing!​ ​Well,​ ​technically,​ ​Roadworthy​ ​Certificates ​don’t​ ​exist​ ​in​ ​Queensland anymore!​ ​The​ ​certificate​ ​you​ ​need​ ​to​ ​register​ ​or​ ​re-register​ ​a​ ​vehicle​ ​is​ ​now​ ​officially called​ ​a​ ​Safety​ ​Certificate.​ ​The​ ​Queensland​ ​Government​ ​renamed​ ​the​ ​certificates from​ ​Roadworthy​ ​Certificate​ ​to​ ​Safety​ ​Certificate ​back​ ​in​ ​1999.​ ​So​ ​now​ ​you​ ​know!

Eventually,​ ​they​ ​will​ ​exclusively​ ​be​ ​known​ ​as​ ​Safety​ ​Certificates,​ ​but​ ​many​ ​businesses including​ ​​Miss​ ​Roadworthy​ ​​still​ ​reference​ ​the​ ​former​ ​name​ ​for​ ​those​ ​who​ ​aren’t​ ​yet aware​ ​of​ ​the​ ​change.

2. What can Miss Roadworthy offer Safety/Roadworthy certificates for?

We can provide Safety Certificates for any vehicle that can operate under a standard open car licence.
Generally speaking, this covers: Cars, 4WDs, Caravans, Horse Floats, Light trucks up to 4.5 tonne.

In Queensland a safety certificate is needed when:

  • A registered light vehicle is offered for sale in Queensland, or
  • Transferring registration to a new owner
  • When transferring to Queensland registration from another state or territory
  • When re-registering an unregistered vehicle. 

Vehicles requiring a safety certificate are:

  • Cars
  • Trailers (including caravans) with an aggregate trailer mass (ATM) between 750kg and 3,500 kg
  • Any other vehicles up to 4,500 kg gross vehicle mass (GVM).

This inspection covers the basic vehicle safety standards for many components including:

Tyres, Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Body rust, Damage, Windscreen, Lights 

Safety Certificate

3. Which​ ​areas​ ​do​ ​you​ ​service?

Miss Roadworthy definitely get around! In general, we service the following suburbs. However, please contact us if you’re in a neighbouring unlisted suburb and we should be able to get to you!

Suburbs Serviced:

Albany Creek | Albion | Arana Hills | Ascot | Ashgrove | Aspley | Bald Hills | Banksia Beach | Banyo | Beachmere | Beerburrum | Beerwah | Bellara | Bellmere | Bongaree | Boondall | Bowen Hills | Bracken Ridge | Brendale | Bribie Island | Bridgeman Downs | Brighton | Brookside | Burpengary | Caboolture | Caloundra | Carindale | Carseldine | Chermside | Clearfield | Dakabin | Deagon | Deception Bay | Donnybrook | Eagle Farm | Eatons Hill | Elimbah | Enoggera | Everton Hills | Everton Park | Ferny Hills | Ferny Grove | Gaythorn | Griffin | Inala | Kallangur | Kedron | Keperra | Kings Beach | Kippa Ring | Landsborough | Lawnton | Lutwyche | Mango Hill | Margate | Moffat Beach | Morayfield | Murrumba Downs | Narangba | North Gate | North Lakes | Nudgee | Nundah | Paddington | Pelican Waters | Petrie | Redbank | Redcliffe | Rothwell | Samford Valley | Sandgate | Sandstone Point | Scarborough | Shelly Beach | Stafford | Strathpine | The Gap | The Grange | Toorbul | Virginia | Wamuran | Warner | Windsor | Woodford | Woorim | Zillmere

4. How​ ​quickly​ ​can​ ​you​ ​get​ ​here?

That​ ​really​ ​depends​ ​on​ ​our​ ​workload​ ​and​ ​where​ ​you​ ​are!​ ​Click​ ​here​ ​to​ ​complete​ ​the online​ ​​Book​ ​an​ ​Inspection​​ ​​form​ ​or​ ​give​ ​us​ ​a​ ​call​ ​ASAP​ ​and​ ​we’ll​ ​give​ ​you​ ​a reliable​ ​estimate.

5. What if my vehicle doesn’t pass the safety check?

Sometimes there are things going on with a vehicle that you’re not aware of until an inspection. If this is the case, and your vehicle needs further mechanical work to qualify for a Safety Certificate, Miss Roadworthy’s got your back. We have professional partnerships with mobile mechanics Carworx (the other family owned and operated business), and established mechanical workshop 4×4 Excellence (the third family owned and operated business to completely round off our mechanical service offering). So, no matter the issue, Miss Roadworthy can offer seamless service.

6. Do​ ​I​ ​really​ ​need​ ​one?​ ​How​ ​long​ ​are​ ​they​ ​valid​ ​for?

Yes,​ ​you​ ​need​ ​a​ ​Safety​ ​Certificate!​ ​They​ ​are​ ​a​ ​legal​ ​requirement​ ​when​ ​registering, re-registering,​ ​or​ ​transferring​ ​ownership​ ​of​ ​a​ ​vehicle.​ ​For​ ​private​ ​sellers,​ ​certificates​ ​are valid​ ​for​ ​2​ ​months​ ​or​ ​2,000km​ ​(whichever​ ​comes​ ​first)​ ​from​ ​the​ ​date​ ​of​ ​issue.

7. How​ ​much​ ​do​ ​you​ ​charge for a Safety Certificate?

Our rate is from $88 ​per​ ​Safety​ ​Certificate. When your booking is confirmed, our friendly team member will advise if we have a driver that is local to you and provide a quote inclusive of everything.​ ​Our prices​ ​include​ ​GST. Contact us today.

Call us now on 0468 669 947